Shane's Morning Mavericks Granola Pancakes
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend or Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Chia Seeds, Finely Ground
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Plain Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon 100% Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- 1/2 Cup Paul's Firehouse Granola
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ground chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Separately, mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, lemon juice, and melted coconut oil. Pour the liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry goods and whisk just enough to bring together a loose batter; it’s perfectly fine to leave a few lumps remaining.
Place a large, flat skillet in the stove over medium heat. Lightly grease, and once the skillet is up to temperature, use a 1/4 cup measure to drop dollops of batter in circles approximately 4-inches across. Don’t crowd the pan; cook only 2 – 3 pancakes at a time.
Sprinkle a handful of granola across the raw surface of each pancake. Cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown, before flipping. Cook an additional 1 – 2 minutes until the opposite side is evenly browned as well. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter and granola. Serve warm, with additional granola, maple syrup, and fruit.
Makes 2 – 4 Servings