Laurens' Tour de France Power Bowl
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Grade B Maple Syrup (Optional)
- 1/3 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Medium Bananas, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup 85% Dark Chocolate, Chopped
- 3/4 Cup Paul’s Firehouse Granola
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
Bring the water to a rapid boil in a medium saucepan before adding in the oats and salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low, simmering with the lid off, for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent anything from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and let stand for at least 5 minutes to cool slightly and continue to thicken. Add maple syrup if you prefer your oatmeal on the sweeter side.
Divide the oatmeal between two bowls, and top with a big dollop of peanut butter in the center, surrounded by sliced banana, dark chocolate chunks, and granola. Serve with almond milk on the side to mix in as desired.
Makes 2 Servings… Or Just One for Laurens!